Call 911 for an Emergency
If you or someone you know is in a potential life threatening situation, dial 911 to get immediate help.
National Suicide Prevention Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- Lifeline Chat: Click HereVeterans Crisis Line: Call 1-800-273-8255 or Text 838255
- a service of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, connecting individuals with counselors for emotional support and other services via web chat. All chat centers in the Lifeline network are accredited by CONTACT USA. Lifeline Chat is available 24/7 across the U.S.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: Call 1-800-985-5990 or Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Hotline: 1-800-662-4357
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
Douglas County & Kansas Resources
- Bert Nash 24-hour number: 785-843-9192
- Headquarters Counseling Center 24-hour Crisis Hotline: 785-841-2345
- Kansas Sexual and Domestic Violence Services 24-hour hotline: 1-888-363-2287