Many people would be surprised to hear that Douglas County has over 210,000 acres of land use devoted to agriculture. 60.4% of those acres are dedicated to crops, 26.6% is pastureland, 6.7% is woodland and 6.2% is in other uses. With our urban neighbors close by, the agriculture industry has both its challenges and opportunities. One of those opportunities is to help people understand where their food comes from and the variety of ways it can be produced. With the help of local farmers, we use the media and events like Slice of Ag to educate and share our story.
We work with individuals to address issues that impact their operations such as: pasture and forage management, soil fertility, crop production, weed management and livestock production.
No matter what you need, stop by, email or give us a call. We're here to help!
Upcoming Events - 2020
All in person events have been canceled due to Covid-19! All programs will be virtual until further notice.
All extension staff are working from home during this time. Please visit our employee page to find ways to contact them.
- 2: Grain Markets and Planting Intentions Zoom: Economics of Ag During Covid-19 Series: 7:00 pm CDT
- 7: Addressing Concerns Amid Covid-19: A Follow-up to Farm Financial Skills for Kansas Women in Ag: 7:00-8:00pm
- 8: Addressing Concerns Amid Covid-19: A Follow-up to Farm Financial Skills for Kansas Women in Ag: 1:30-2:30pm
- 9: Ongoing Effects on Livestock Markets Zoom: Economics of Ag During Covid-19 Series: 7:00 pm CDT
- 16: Effects on Land Values Zoom: Economics of Ag During Covid-19 Series: 7:00 pm CDT
- Ag Agent Articles
- Youth Livestock
- Pasture/Forage Management
- Soil/Water/Forage Testing
- Pesticide Applicator License
- Program Resources
- Farm Stress Resources
- Douglas County Livestock Association
- Useful Links