Public issues education provides Kansans with timely, credible, unbiased and research-based information and education about public issues. Pressing and emerging issues that involve multiple points of view have widespread consequences on those who live and work in Douglas County. Extension goals are to:
- increase citizen knowledge, awareness, and understanding of public issues;
- enhance public participation in decision-making regarding public issues;
- promote agritourism as an opportunity to increase the economic well-being of producers and provide an opportunity for Kansans to visit a farm and enjoy locally grown foods.
- Analyzing Local Markets
- Working in Groups for Community Improvement
- Douglas County Fairgrounds Capital Improvement Plan
K-State Research and Extension Library