Douglas County Fair
The Douglas County Fair is an annual event where 4-H’ers exhibit an end product of their current 4-H projects for evaluation. Judging is done by a variety of evaluation methods. Exhibitors are awarded purple, blue, red, or white ribbons based upon a judge’s decision. Purple winners are eligible for State Fair if age requirements are met. A fair book explaining rules and classes is available in June. For more information about the fair visit www.dgcountyfair.com.
2023 Douglas County Fair Updates
4-H Exhibitor Code of Conduct - 4-H'ers will need to complete, sign, and upload a 4-H exhibitor code of conduct into the fair entry system by June 30.
YQCA Certification - Livestock exhibitors will need to input their YQCA number and certificate into the fair entry system by June 30. If YQCA does not pertain to you, please type in N/A.
4-H T-Shirts - With the gracious support of the Douglas County 4-H Foundation, all 4-H members exhibiting at the Douglas County Fair will receive one free t-shirt. Extra t-shirts will be available on a first come first serve basis at fair check-in.
Banners - Updates have been made for the 2023 county fair. Please refer to the 2023 Douglas County Fair Book for updates.
STEM | Photography | Entomology | Crops | Woodworking - Updates have been made for the 2023 county and state fair. Please refer to the 2023 Douglas County Fair Book for updates.
Foods - For food safety purposes, any entries with frostings and fillings must calculate the amount of sugar in the frosting/filling recipe only. Calculation must be attached to entry, or the placing will be lowered one ribbon when judged. Frosting and fillings need to contain more than 65% sugar for safety. Examples on how to calculate this percentage are included in the publication located at: https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/MF3544.pdf
Food Consultation Judging- Sign up is completed at online fair entry process, not at fair check -in. Only pick ONE time slot per exhibitor.
Beef - Wood chips and the vet fee for beef exhibitors will be $23.00 for large animals and $12.50 for bucket calves.
Small Animal Round Robin (Poultry and Rabbit)- Information can be found in the 2023 Douglas County Fair Book.
Poultry- All poultry (except waterfowl) are required to show proof of being P-T clean by one of the following: Originate from a certified U.S. Pullorum-Typhoid clean flock if coming from a hatchery or out of state or test negative at check-in of the county fair when the county has been designated by KDA-DAH for surveillance. [Douglas County will be 2026] Routine surveillance testing will be performed for each county fair a minimum of once every 5 years.
The Douglas County Fair is transitioning to a fit show for the market and breeding animal divisions, Showmanship included. Grooming for the breeding and market animal shows may include the use of adhesives, paints, and powders. Twine, other artificial material, or hair not from the animal itself are not allowed.
4-H Council Trivia Contest- Wednesday, July 26 at 2:30 p.m., Dreher Family 4-H Building. More information to come.
2023 4-H Awards Ceremony - will take place at 3:00 p.m. in the Open Pavilion on July 29.
Fair Documents and Forms
- 2023 4-H Clothing Exhibitor Letter
- Clothing Buymanship Evaluation Form
- Clothing Constructed Evaluation Form
- Clothing Educational Exhibit Evaluation Form
- Fashion Revue Evaluation Form
- Fashion Revue Script Form
- 4-H Clothing Glossary
- 4-H Clothing Schedule
Food & Nutrition
- Food Safety for Frosting and Fillings
- Frosting and Filling Worksheet
- Food Preservation
- Judges Guide for Foods and Nutrition
- Food Labels
- Food Preservation Labels
- Food Exhibit Evaluation Form
- Food Gift Basket Evaluation Form
All food preservation scoresheets can be found under the Family and Consumer Science heading at https://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/fairs/fair-resources/judging-score-sheets.html
- ABC Exhibit Form (PDF) (Form Fallible, Fill out and print)
- ABC Judging Score Sheet (PDF)
- Astronomy Exhibit Form (PDF)
- Astronomy Exhibit Score Sheet (PDF)
- Computer Systems Exhibit Form (PDF) (Form Fillable, Fill out and print)
- Computer Systems Judging Score Sheet (PDF)
- Robotics Exhibit Form (PDF)
- Robotics Exhibit Judging Form (PDF)
- Rocketry Exhibit Form (PDF) (Can be filled out and printed)
- High & Mid-Power Rocketry Exhibit Form (PDF)
- Rocketry Judging Form (PDF)
- Fin Alignment Guide (5 Fins) (PDF)
- Fin Alignment Guide (4 Fins) (PDF)
- Fin Alignment Guide (3 Fins) (PDF)
- UAS Exhibit Form (PDF) fill out and glue to 10X13″ envelope
- UAS Judgeing Sheet (PDF)
- SpaceTech Educational Display, Notebook, and Poster Score Sheet (PDF) ****
- STEM State Fair Video Showcase Release (PDF)
Visual Arts and Crafts
Kansas State Fair
- Kansas State 4-H Fair Resources
- Kansas State Fair Website
- Kansas State Fair 4-H Centennial Hall Information
Livestock Documents and Forms
- 2023 Horse Identification Certificate
- 2023 Horse Show Rulebook
- 2023 Douglas County Fair 4-H Horse Show Patterns
- 2023 Douglas County Fair Open Horse Show Patterns
- Kansas 4-H State Fair Horse Qualifying Affidavit
Douglas County Fair 4-H Ribbon Meanings